Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting lost in the world

You probably went to see Avatar, and most likely saw it in 3-D. Technology has advanced so far that we can virtually live in another world. In my previous post, I talked about Microsoft's project Natal. It shouldn't be long before the motion sensing technology is incorporated into 3-D viewing to create an almost real world. How long will it be before we are able to feel the virtual world around us? I think this is a great step forward into the future, however it makes you wonder what ramifications it will have. There are enough people lost in 2-dimensional worlds already. What will happen when we can cast aside our reality in favor of a "better" life? Perhaps we will end up like this? I guess we can't tell, but I for one am excited about these advances in technology. I just hope we can control ourselves.

Inspiration:
How 'Avatar' may predict the future of virtual worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment